PsyCare recently celebrated Colleen Swerdan’s 30 years of employment with the agency!
A group of Colleen’s co-workers from the Howland Clinic gathered at Up A Creek Tavern & Grill to show gratitude for Colleen’s assistance and expertise in making PsyCare a successful mental health center. Thank you Colleen for all your hard work, and we look forward to continuing to work with you!
Check out our 5-question interview with Colleen!
1. What led you to work at PsyCare 30 years ago?
I got the job through a temporary agency.
2. What is your current role at PsyCare and what does it entail? What other roles have you held at PsyCare?
BWC Administrator. I request authorization for treatment; submit other forms to the MCOs and attorneys; liaison between the MCOs, the counselors and attorneys; keep track of patients’ BWC situation (appeals, court hearings). I also score MMPIs and other tests. I was a transcriptionist for about 25 years and back-up receptionist.
3. In general, have you noticed any changes in how your work is done over the last 30 years?
As a transcriptionist, we went from using microcassettes to voice dictation. I had to adapt to different kinds of word processing programs over the years. Also, went from scoring the MMPI to the MMPI-2 to the MMPI-2-RF.
4. What have you learned about yourself during your employment with PsyCare?
I learned to use patience when talking with people on the phone. 🙂
5. What have you learned about PsyCare? What’s your favorite part about working here?
I learned there’s a lot of good people working here. I enjoy the people I work with.